We hope you have heard the news and are all happy to fight for a spot to compete at the 2019 EHBPC here in Zürich!
Because teams have to qualify in a tournament beforehand, there will not be any info on registration here anytime soon. This page is just supposed to keep you informed about the event in general.
What we have in mind: We want the Euros to be at the highest possible level of the sport. At the same time, we also want to have an amazing party with ALL our friends.
The main event is gonna be held on three courts, 19th to 21st of July, on the perfectly smooth concrete of the Dolder Ice Rink at the top of Zürich. Details about Qualification, number of teams and mode will be published through EHBA.
A Wildcard tournament with 16 teams will be held on our Hardhof court on the 17th & 18th.
Those who don't advance from the wildcard-tournament and those who want to come party with us but can't play in the main event are very welcome to keep playing pick-ups or organize their own tournament on hardhof! We are going to ask you about your preferences soon, right here.
It would be great if someone would organize a tournament on the weekend before more or less close by that you all could connect! Zürich can be marvellous in summer and we would love to hang out with as many of you as possible starting on Tuesday the 16th! Swimming in the lake and the river everyday, grilling, playing polo or anything else… we are gonna organize:
- Rideout & chill on Wednesday
- Alleycat on Thursday night
- A dope concert on the spot on Saturday night
- Biiiiig Party in the surrounding woods on Friday night
Finally we are aware that it doesn't get much more expensive than Zürich. For renting this place alone, we will pay around 3500 Euros for three days - without the courts - and that is with a lot of goodwill. So naturally, registration won't be cheap - around 60 euros. We are gonna publish our budget and costs, so you can see your cash is being well spent!
Getting a place to sleep below 60 Euros p night/ Person, is close to impossible as well. We are working hard to offer housing for additional 60 Euros per Person for three nights. We are gonna try and offer as many meals as we can for the same reason. (we might actually ask for help with that).
If someone is considering not coming because of money, please don't hesitate to contact us!! We will find a solution.
One more thing: We strive to make the event as green as we can! From your side, we are talking about transportation. There will be a tiny 10 euro discount if you come by train. If you take the car, please pack it to the max!!
Thank you all for your attention, I hope you are as excited as we are about the party of the year!
Lots of Love & Peace & Polo //// Zürich Bike Polo
Als Austrian Representative übernehme ich die Kommunikation mit den anderen Reps in unserer Region und mit der EHBA.
+++ Slots Slots Slots +++
+++ Game Plan +++
we have some exciting news to share.
Slots for EHBPC 2019 and Game Plan can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... qIlS-NdiiQ
Wildcard will be 24 teams on 1 court for 2 days - Top 9 win Main Event slot.
Main Event will be 48 teams on 3 courts for 3 days - Top 12 win WHBPC slot.
Regional qualifiers and results are communicated between EHBA and regional reps (they have been contacted in the past weeks). Regions decide on their qualification system independently. General rules will be published this weekend.
Slots are distributed the following way:
2 slots / region + 1 slot for top 16 of EHBC 2018 / region
1 slot for Champion (Octopussy)
1 slot for Hell´s Belles Winner (TBA)
1 slot for Host (Zürich)
1 slot / region + 1 slot for 17-20th of EHBC 2018 / region
+ 10 open slots
Stay tuned for more news and details!
https://www.facebook.com/eurohardcourt/ ... &__tn__=-R
As promised, here are the general rules and guidelines for EHBPC 2019 qualification. If something is not clear or missing, please post below!
I) Regional qualification
1) Regions decide on their qualification process for their assigned Main Event and Wildcard slots
- Regional reps report to the EHBA the dates and results of qualifiers
- Regional reps report the team list for Main Event and Wildcard
- Regional reps are asked for a first feed-back round in their region to predict approximate number of teams and qualifier dates. Feedback has to be reported by March 31st.
The list of regional reps (contact person) and regional slots can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/…/2PACX-1vTg0cT ... n…/pubhtml…
2) 2/3 of the players of a team have to be from the region where they qualify
- Regions decide on elegibility of a player/team (residence or citizenship)
3) 2/3 of the players of a team have to be resident in Europe.
4) 2/3 of a qualified team (as communicated by the regional rep) have to play in EHBPC/Wildcard, or the team loses their spot
- Rule 3) still applies
5) It is encouraged that players only play in the qualifier of one region
- Regions decide if they accept players to play/sub in multiple qualifiers
- Players who are not qualified for Main Event are allowed to play in Wildcard Event
Deadline for regional qualifiers and registration procedures will be published soon
II) Non-regional qualification through Wildcard Event
1) Teams composed of players from 3 regions (non-regional teams) can qualify through Wildcard Event
- 6 places in Wildcard are reserved for non-regional teams
- 2/3 of non-regional teams have to be residents in Europe
2) All remaining unassaigned Wildcard slots will be open to any teams with 2/3 European players (regional & non-regional teams).
- 4 Wildcard slots are unassigned
- Any regional Wildcard slot that is not taken by a regional team will be added to the unassigned slots
Registration procedures and deadlines for Wildcard to be determined and published soon
III) WHBPC qualification
The best 12 Teams of EHBPC Main Event will earn a WHBPC slot
- There will also be Wildcard slots for WHBPC (TBA)
- The final ranking of EHBPC defines the waiting list for slots
- Information on who intends to participate in WHBPC will be collected in the upcoming weeks
- More detailed rules to be announced
Please post below or contact us by private message or via email at email@example.com
* Es soll ein Qualifikationsturnier - idealerweise in Wien - abgehalten werden.
* Teams, die bis zum 10. März registriert sind dürfen übers Datum des Qualifikationsturniers abstimmen. Anmeldungen nach dem 10. März sind auch noch möglich.
* Die Teilnahme am Qualifikationsturnir ist nur für jene Teams, die ernsthaft erwägen bei der EHBPC zu spielen.
* 2/3-Regel: Teams müssen aus mindestens zwei SpielerInnen der Region formiert werden.
* Die 2/3-Regel ist erfüllt, wenn mindestens zwei SpielerInnen in der Region wohnhaft sind oder über eine Staatsbürgerschaft eines Landes der Region verfügen oder über einen längeren Zeitraum hinweg in der Region Polo gespielt haben.
* Teams müssen mit mindestens zwei SpielerInnen des qualifizierten Teams zur EHBPC antreten.
Falls jemand Einwände gegen irgendwas hat, bitte hier rechtzeitig kommunizieren.
Teams können sich noch bis 5. April anmelden.
Derzeit angemeldet sind:
Golem: Daniel, Jirka, Mateen
TBA: Django, Marco, Stef
TBA: Alca, Jonas, Martin
TBA: Eliska, ?, ?
Edit: Wenns bis zum 5. April keine weiteren Anmeldungen gibt, wird auf den Qualifier verzichtet.
Falls ihr auch noch Interesse habt am österreichischen Qualifier zu spielen, dann bitte hier melden. Es muss in der Region mit Tschechien und Slowakei entschieden werden, ob wir das zulassen.